Tuesday, March 27, 2018

More Rainy Day Sewing

After another week of wet weather, I am beginning to feel like the rest of the snowbound stitchers out there.  The rains have been great and the weeds are busy growing and multiplying outside.  Meanwhile, I have avoided the garden gloves and weed puller and played with some fabrics and thread instead.

The weather has certainly made my temperature quilt more exciting.  The greens and yellows - cooler colors - have been prevalent for much of the month of March.  I can't believe how quickly the year's blocks are growing.




I even had one day where the temperature did not vary more than the three degrees within the color range for the whole day.  The high was 60* and the low was 57*.



Each month Michele and Sherri host the Minis and More Parade on the first day of the month.  A selected pattern is chosen to stitch up for that month and it is always so much fun to see the same pattern sewn in different fabrics and colors.  This month's design was Mini Painted Ladies.  I used some Kaffe Fasset charms for mine.  Instead of a rectangle, I made mine into a square so it can be used as a table topper instead.  This would be a great full sized quilt.





Although I am terrible at remembering to wear an apron, I had a request from my niece for a "retro" apron.  I can remember my grandmother wearing pretty aprons and this reminded me of her.  The bib is removable and reversible.




While looking for something completely different, I came across a cross stitched collar that I made years ago for our daughter for Easter.  I found some great fabric in my stash and made a dress to go with it and gave them to my daughter for one of her girls.  Pardon the dark photos, but it was a gloomy day.





Continuing along the Easter theme here, I recently saw a wonderful paper pieced pattern on IG.  I sewed up one as a gift for a dear friend and then had to make one for our home too.  The piece is title Good Friday and is by Paper Panache.



Our son and his family are coming for Easter so computer time will be lacking.  I wish everyone a blessed Easter.

Linking up with Midweek Makers and Freemotion by the River.

19 comments:

  1. The quilting on your table topper really adds an amazing loft and dimension, absolutely gorgeous. I love that little dress, wish we had a little girl to dress for Easter. Wishing you and yours a joyous Resurrection Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics for your butterflies! The dress is beautiful - the bunnies are a cute design. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini butterfly quilt is just gorgeous. This must be the week for finding parts of dresses made years ago and finishing them. I'm finishing a couple of smocked pieces I started years ago for my great niece to wear. My garment making skills are rusty! The Good Friday quilts are so beautiful. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Needled Mom. It seems you have been busy in the sewing room enjoying yourself. The collared dress is pretty cute. I like it because I don't do clothing - just quilts. My confidence in anything else is pretty low and my experience lower.

    I love watching your temperature quilt grow. I just might have to make me one nexxt year. I still think it is a fun idea.

    What a great idea it is to sew up a little mini each month. It is fun to see the same pattern in other colors. The problem is that I don't know what I would do with that many minis.

    Have a wonderful Easter with your family. I look forward to seeing more posts from you after the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects, especially the sweet Springtime dress. Happy Easter to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So many beautiful projects! What a sweet dress for your granddaughter. Enjoy this time of remembering God's amazing redemption. The paper pieced art is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful display of your quilting talent! Each item is unique and quite a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects. The rain just passed us.....3.6 inches and lots of lightening. Glad it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects, Mary !! The dress for your granddaughter and an apron are lovely. I love an Easter paper pieced quilt. And your butterfly table topper is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great finishes to show off this week - congrats on the great work on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter!Have a lovely holiday with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The temperature quilt is neat. I love those cross-stitched bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun butterflies and your quilting looks great...love the back side as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects! I also remember both of my grandmothers wearing aprons. It is so neat to see that they are become popular again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep finding emails alerting me to your blog posts, and as a result...I keep finding blog posts I haven't seen yet, and this is one example.

    So many wonderful things in this post--dresses for granddaughters, temperature quilt update, butterfliy table topper, and that exquisite Easter wall hanging. I love reading your blog as it is so full of creativity and light. Happy Belated Easter!

    ReplyDelete